Telangana: 3 Cong MLAs in AP quit, join TRS
Hyderabad: The ruling Congress in Andhra
Pradesh today suffered a setback as three of its MLAs quit the
party to protest delay in formation of separate Telangana
state and joined the TRS.
T Rajaiah from Station Ghanpur in Warangal district,
Jupally Krishna Rao of Kollapur in Mahabubnagar district and
Somarapu Satyanarayana from Ramagundam in Karimnagar district
joined the TRS in the presence of party president K
Satyanarayana, an independent MLA, was an associate member
of Congress in the Andhra Pradesh Assembly.
The three have already submitted resignations from their
posts in support of the separate statehood demand.
"The very purpose of resigning from Congress is to build
pressure on the Congress high command and also on the
ministers and MLAs of Congress from Telangana," Krishna Rao
told reporters here.
He hit out at the state ministers from Telangana region
for not quitting their posts.
Welcoming the MLAs into the party fold, Chandrasekhar Rao
said many more leaders were likely to join TRS.
"I am warning Prime Minister and also Sonia Gandhi. Not
just these three MLAs, many others are ready to join the
agitation, from all parties. Given the present strength of
agitation, other parties will not have livelihood. If you want
to safeguard your existence, keep the promise you made on
December 9, 2009 (of forming separate Telangana)," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch