Telangana activists attack AP minister`s convoy
Karimnagar: Pro-telangana activists
today stoned the convoy of Andhra Pradesh Housing Minister
Shilpa Mohan Reddy while an activist attempted self
immolation in the district.
According to the police, the pro-Telangana activists
surrounded and stoned the minister`s convoy when he was
returning after visiting Mulkanoor Cooperative Bank where he
had an interaction with the bank employees.
However, the police rescued the minister and took him
to a safe place, Huzurabad police inspector M Mahender said.
An activist, identified as Brahmaiah, tried to commit
suicide by dousing kerosene on himself but was prevented from
doing so by his fellow protestors.
The protestors also tore up a welcome banner and set it on
fire, police said adding that no arrests have been made so far
in connection with the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail