Telangana activists organise novel protest
Hyderabad: Stepping up pressure on the
UPA Government, pro-Telangana supporters on Sunday undertook a
novel protest by organising collective cooking programmes at
key traffic junctions here and threatened to intensify the
stir if their demand is not met.
"It is a practice to conduct collective cooking and
community lunches in open areas in Telangana during the
monsoon. We have converted this into a form of protest to
express our demand for separate statehood," Telangana
political Joint Action Committee (JAC) Convener M Kodandaram
told reporters at the Gun Park in front of the Andhra Pradesh
Assembly building here.
During the protest named `Hyderabad Cooks On Roads`,
activists of TRS and the JAC cooked food on streets at various
important places here.
TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao participated in one
such protest near his house in Banjara hills and also at the
His son and TRS MLA KT Rama Rao attended the
programme at Ameerpet while his cousin and MLA T Harish Rao
took part in the protest at the High-tech City, where a number
of reputed software companies have their offices.
JAC convener Kodandaram said, "We have already asked
the public representatives of ruling Congress and TDP to quit
their posts by June 25. If they don`t, we will hold protests
in front of their houses in Hyderabad as they are taking
shelter in the city, unable to face pressure from people in
He said the agitation will be intensified by launching
protests like road blockades and strikes.
The JAC comprises TRS, BJP and other organisations
supporting the Telangana cause.
- Kerala polls: Time ripe for BJP to open account in the state, says Rajiv Pratap Rudy
- TMC will be wiped out after poll results: Congress
- Indian Premier League 2016: Kings XI Punjab's Axar Patel claims first hat-trick of ninth edition
- Petrol prices in major Indian cities after latest hike!
- IPL 2016: Axar Patel's four-wicket haul guides Kings XI Punjab to 23-run win over table-toppers Gujarat Lions