Telangana activists throw eggs at Jaipal`s convoy
Hyderabad: Pro-Telangana activists on Sunday allegedly hurled eggs at the convoy of Union Minister for
Petroleum and Natural Gas, S Jaipal Reddy, and State Home
Minister Sabita Indra Reddy at Gangirala village in Rangareddy
district of Andhra Pradesh.
As the convoy reached Gangirala, a group of students from
Osmania University Joint Action Committee shouted slogans
against the ministers; and one of them threw eggs, which
hit a constable and a car in the convoy, said district
Superintendent of Police, P Munniswamy.
"We had taken all precautionary measures after we got
information that some students might create trouble," the SP
said adding that incident did not affect the ministers`
Jaipal and Sabita Reddy came to the district for a bridge
inauguration at Yellakonda village, and to address a public
Over 25 persons were taken into custody at Gangirala, and
about eight at Yellakonda village where two groups of Congress
party had a spat, Nawabpet police said.
But the function went off well, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air