Telangana activists throw eggs at Jaipal`s convoy
Hyderabad: Pro-Telangana activists on Sunday allegedly hurled eggs at the convoy of Union Minister for
Petroleum and Natural Gas, S Jaipal Reddy, and State Home
Minister Sabita Indra Reddy at Gangirala village in Rangareddy
district of Andhra Pradesh.
As the convoy reached Gangirala, a group of students from
Osmania University Joint Action Committee shouted slogans
against the ministers; and one of them threw eggs, which
hit a constable and a car in the convoy, said district
Superintendent of Police, P Munniswamy.
"We had taken all precautionary measures after we got
information that some students might create trouble," the SP
said adding that incident did not affect the ministers`
Jaipal and Sabita Reddy came to the district for a bridge
inauguration at Yellakonda village, and to address a public
Over 25 persons were taken into custody at Gangirala, and
about eight at Yellakonda village where two groups of Congress
party had a spat, Nawabpet police said.
But the function went off well, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University