Telangana activists throw eggs at Jaipal`s convoy
Hyderabad: Pro-Telangana activists on Sunday allegedly hurled eggs at the convoy of Union Minister for
Petroleum and Natural Gas, S Jaipal Reddy, and State Home
Minister Sabita Indra Reddy at Gangirala village in Rangareddy
district of Andhra Pradesh.
As the convoy reached Gangirala, a group of students from
Osmania University Joint Action Committee shouted slogans
against the ministers; and one of them threw eggs, which
hit a constable and a car in the convoy, said district
Superintendent of Police, P Munniswamy.
"We had taken all precautionary measures after we got
information that some students might create trouble," the SP
said adding that incident did not affect the ministers`
Jaipal and Sabita Reddy came to the district for a bridge
inauguration at Yellakonda village, and to address a public
Over 25 persons were taken into custody at Gangirala, and
about eight at Yellakonda village where two groups of Congress
party had a spat, Nawabpet police said.
But the function went off well, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das