Telangana activists try to disrupt bus yatra of AP minister
Hyderabad: Pro-Telangana activists on Wednesday tried to disrupt the bus yatra of Andhra Pradesh Minister for Information and Public Relations D K Aruna in Mahabubnagar district.
They allegedly pelted stones at the bus, in which the Congress Minister was travelling, at Pangal town, sources said.
The activists, raising pro-Telangana slogans, tried to obstruct the bus but police dispersed them.
Undeterred by the protest, the Minister continued her yatra, which she launched on April 13.
During the yatra which will conclude on April 21, Aruna is publicising welfare schemes of the Congress government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh