Telangana activists try to disrupt bus yatra of AP minister
Hyderabad: Pro-Telangana activists on Wednesday tried to disrupt the bus yatra of Andhra Pradesh Minister for Information and Public Relations D K Aruna in Mahabubnagar district.
They allegedly pelted stones at the bus, in which the Congress Minister was travelling, at Pangal town, sources said.
The activists, raising pro-Telangana slogans, tried to obstruct the bus but police dispersed them.
Undeterred by the protest, the Minister continued her yatra, which she launched on April 13.
During the yatra which will conclude on April 21, Aruna is publicising welfare schemes of the Congress government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued