Telangana activists try to disrupt bus yatra of AP minister
Hyderabad: Pro-Telangana activists on Wednesday tried to disrupt the bus yatra of Andhra Pradesh Minister for Information and Public Relations D K Aruna in Mahabubnagar district.
They allegedly pelted stones at the bus, in which the Congress Minister was travelling, at Pangal town, sources said.
The activists, raising pro-Telangana slogans, tried to obstruct the bus but police dispersed them.
Undeterred by the protest, the Minister continued her yatra, which she launched on April 13.
During the yatra which will conclude on April 21, Aruna is publicising welfare schemes of the Congress government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH