Telangana activists try to disrupt bus yatra of AP minister
Hyderabad: Pro-Telangana activists on Wednesday tried to disrupt the bus yatra of Andhra Pradesh Minister for Information and Public Relations D K Aruna in Mahabubnagar district.
They allegedly pelted stones at the bus, in which the Congress Minister was travelling, at Pangal town, sources said.
The activists, raising pro-Telangana slogans, tried to obstruct the bus but police dispersed them.
Undeterred by the protest, the Minister continued her yatra, which she launched on April 13.
During the yatra which will conclude on April 21, Aruna is publicising welfare schemes of the Congress government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31