Telangana agitation to intensify again, warns TRS
Hyderabad: TRS would intensify the agitation for separate Telangana if the Centre failed to accept the statehood demand during the Parliament session to be held next month, its president K Chandrasekhar Rao said here on Sunday.
"If they want to give Telangana, the last chance for them is passing a bill in the session to be held from April 22 to May 10," Rao said.
"In April, they have to approve it in Cabinet, send it to President and complete all that process. That means, Government of India has to come forward in April first week itself. If they don`t do it in April first week, then it will be clear that they are not going to give Telangana. Then you will see earthquakes happening here and what not," he told reporters here.
He spoke before leaving for Delhi to participate in the Parliament session.
The TRS president is expected to meet NCP Chief Sharad Pawar during his stay in Delhi. Pawar is a known supporter of separate Telangana demand.
Last week, TRS had moved a no-confidence motion against the Congress government in Andhra Pradesh for not accepting the separate statehood demand.
The no-confidence motion, however, was defeated.
Chandrasekhar Rao, who once offered to merge his party with Congress if it agreed to form separate Telangana, had indicated that his party might look at NDA for association as BJP is also in the frontline of the separate statehood stir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city