Telangana agitation to intensify again, warns TRS
Hyderabad: TRS would intensify the agitation for separate Telangana if the Centre failed to accept the statehood demand during the Parliament session to be held next month, its president K Chandrasekhar Rao said here on Sunday.
"If they want to give Telangana, the last chance for them is passing a bill in the session to be held from April 22 to May 10," Rao said.
"In April, they have to approve it in Cabinet, send it to President and complete all that process. That means, Government of India has to come forward in April first week itself. If they don`t do it in April first week, then it will be clear that they are not going to give Telangana. Then you will see earthquakes happening here and what not," he told reporters here.
He spoke before leaving for Delhi to participate in the Parliament session.
The TRS president is expected to meet NCP Chief Sharad Pawar during his stay in Delhi. Pawar is a known supporter of separate Telangana demand.
Last week, TRS had moved a no-confidence motion against the Congress government in Andhra Pradesh for not accepting the separate statehood demand.
The no-confidence motion, however, was defeated.
Chandrasekhar Rao, who once offered to merge his party with Congress if it agreed to form separate Telangana, had indicated that his party might look at NDA for association as BJP is also in the frontline of the separate statehood stir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!