Telangana, Andhra officials` cadre distribution by June next
New Delhi: The process of distribution of official cadre between Telangana and Andhra Pradesh will be completed much before the target date of June 2 next year, Rajya Sabha was informed on Thursday.
Minister of State for Personnel Jitendra Singh said during Question Hour that when Andhra Pradesh was divided, there was a provisional allocation of three All India Services officers -- IAS, IPS and IFS -- and final allocation will be completed by June 2015.
The Centre had set up Pratyush Sinha committee for determination and allocation of All India Services cadre. Another advisory panel for state cadre was set up under CR Kamalanathan.
"We would be doing it (allocation of cadre) much earlier", the minister said.
He said efforts would be made keep employees in their respective states or else a rational mechanism would be worked out.
Singh said "sufficient" time has been given to employees to file their grievances in this regard and nothing was being done "subjectively" or "arbitrarily".
Members while asking questions had pointed out that there was uncertainty among employees and officers were not putting their best efforts as allocations have not been finalised.
Based on the recommendations of the Sinha Committee, the Centre had finalised the division of cadre strength along with its principles which was notified in July.
The Minister said the Kamalanathan Committee on allocation and distribution of officials among Andhra Pradesh and Telangana is in the process of making final recommendations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!