Telangana, Andhra officials` cadre distribution by June next
New Delhi: The process of distribution of official cadre between Telangana and Andhra Pradesh will be completed much before the target date of June 2 next year, Rajya Sabha was informed on Thursday.
Minister of State for Personnel Jitendra Singh said during Question Hour that when Andhra Pradesh was divided, there was a provisional allocation of three All India Services officers -- IAS, IPS and IFS -- and final allocation will be completed by June 2015.
The Centre had set up Pratyush Sinha committee for determination and allocation of All India Services cadre. Another advisory panel for state cadre was set up under CR Kamalanathan.
"We would be doing it (allocation of cadre) much earlier", the minister said.
He said efforts would be made keep employees in their respective states or else a rational mechanism would be worked out.
Singh said "sufficient" time has been given to employees to file their grievances in this regard and nothing was being done "subjectively" or "arbitrarily".
Members while asking questions had pointed out that there was uncertainty among employees and officers were not putting their best efforts as allocations have not been finalised.
Based on the recommendations of the Sinha Committee, the Centre had finalised the division of cadre strength along with its principles which was notified in July.
The Minister said the Kamalanathan Committee on allocation and distribution of officials among Andhra Pradesh and Telangana is in the process of making final recommendations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof