Telangana: APSRTC employees in Seemandhra region call off strike
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation (APSRTC) employees in Seemaandhra region called off their indefinite strike late on Friday night.
The RTC staff had been on strike for last 60 days demanding the Centre to withdraw the proposed bifurcation of the state. Bus services would resume in all the 13 districts of Seemaandhra region from Saturday, Transport Minister Botsa Satyanarayana said.
Satyanarayana held marathon talks with RTC employees unions for about seven hours on Friday evening to end the deadlock as the corporation has suffered steep losses.
"The unions agreed to call off their indefinite strike with immediate effect. We have promised to positively look into all the demands that they have raised," Botsa said.
The Road Transport Corporation staff had been on strike for last 60 days demanding the Centre to withdraw the proposed bifurcation of the state. The RTC will immediately pay a festival advance of Rs 28,000 each to all regular employees and Rs 17,000 each to the contract workers.
He said the demand for merger of RTC with the state government would also be looked into. A committee has been constituted to study the proposal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video