Telangana bandh: 430 people taken into custody in Hyderabad
Hyderabad: Over 430 people were today taken
into preventive custody here during the bandh organised by
Joint Action Committee (JAC) of various political parties in
support of a separate statehood for Telangana.
Pro-Telangana agitators and political leaders were taken
into preventive custody when they tried to organise dharnas,
rasta rokos and forcibly close the establishments, City Police
Commissioner B Prasada Rao said.
Those taken into preventive custody include JAC
Chairman Kodandram, State BJP President Bandaru Dattatreya,
TDP MLA Nagam Janardhan Reddy and Advocate Bar Association
Nampally Criminal Court, President, Ravinder Reddy, he said.
Rao said no violent incidents were reported from anywhere
in the city with most of the commercial establishments
including the shopping malls, theatres, and hotels closed
during the day.
Meanwhile, Andhra Pradesh High Court Advocates organised
cycle rally from High Court to Ajanta Gate via Siddiamber
Bazar, M J Market.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday