Telangana bandh: Educational institutes shut
Hyderabad: Schools and colleges remained
closed at many places in Telangana region of Andhra Pradesh
Friday following a shutdown call given by the Telangana Joint Action Committee (JAC) to protest the alleged lathicharge on
students at Osmania University here.
‘The JAC called for shutdown of educational institutions
in the region against the alleged police action at the varsity
yesterday. The students were agitating against the Srikrishna
Committee recommendations on the Telangana issue.
The students of the University had called for a general
bandh in the region today but the political JAC appealed only
for closure of educational institutions. The `Sankranti`
vacation for schools and colleges starts from tomorrow.
Life remained unaffected in Hyderabad and other places in
Telangana and no reports of any untoward incident were
received. Commercial establishments were open and public
transport buses were running on schedule.
The JAC also asked government employees in Telangana to
undertake lunch-hour protest in their offices today in support
of the demand for introduction of a bill for formation of
separate Telangana in the budget session of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM