Telangana bandh: Educational institutes shut
Hyderabad: Schools and colleges remained
closed at many places in Telangana region of Andhra Pradesh
Friday following a shutdown call given by the Telangana Joint Action Committee (JAC) to protest the alleged lathicharge on
students at Osmania University here.
‘The JAC called for shutdown of educational institutions
in the region against the alleged police action at the varsity
yesterday. The students were agitating against the Srikrishna
Committee recommendations on the Telangana issue.
The students of the University had called for a general
bandh in the region today but the political JAC appealed only
for closure of educational institutions. The `Sankranti`
vacation for schools and colleges starts from tomorrow.
Life remained unaffected in Hyderabad and other places in
Telangana and no reports of any untoward incident were
received. Commercial establishments were open and public
transport buses were running on schedule.
The JAC also asked government employees in Telangana to
undertake lunch-hour protest in their offices today in support
of the demand for introduction of a bill for formation of
separate Telangana in the budget session of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report