Telangana bifurcation: Jagan blasts Centre, calls for 72 hour bandh
Hyderabad: YSR Congress Party president YS Jaganmohan Reddy on Thursday called for a 72-hour bandh in protest against the union cabinet`s approval for creation of Telangana as the 29th state.
Holding the ruling Congress and main opposition TDP responsible for the decision, he demanded that all Lok Sabha members from Seemandhra regions quit, so that the process of division could be halted.
He took exception to Centre`s decision to go ahead with the division without taking on board the resolution of Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly.
He recalled that Assembly resolutions were passed when the states of Chhattisgarh, Uttarakhand and Jharkhand were formed.
Future course of action by YSRCP would be decided soon, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding