Telangana bifurcation: Jagan blasts Centre, calls for 72 hour bandh
Hyderabad: YSR Congress Party president YS Jaganmohan Reddy on Thursday called for a 72-hour bandh in protest against the union cabinet`s approval for creation of Telangana as the 29th state.
Holding the ruling Congress and main opposition TDP responsible for the decision, he demanded that all Lok Sabha members from Seemandhra regions quit, so that the process of division could be halted.
He took exception to Centre`s decision to go ahead with the division without taking on board the resolution of Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly.
He recalled that Assembly resolutions were passed when the states of Chhattisgarh, Uttarakhand and Jharkhand were formed.
Future course of action by YSRCP would be decided soon, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof