Telangana bifurcation: Jagan blasts Centre, calls for 72 hour bandh
Hyderabad: YSR Congress Party president YS Jaganmohan Reddy on Thursday called for a 72-hour bandh in protest against the union cabinet`s approval for creation of Telangana as the 29th state.
Holding the ruling Congress and main opposition TDP responsible for the decision, he demanded that all Lok Sabha members from Seemandhra regions quit, so that the process of division could be halted.
He took exception to Centre`s decision to go ahead with the division without taking on board the resolution of Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly.
He recalled that Assembly resolutions were passed when the states of Chhattisgarh, Uttarakhand and Jharkhand were formed.
Future course of action by YSRCP would be decided soon, he said.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Will never talk about my personal life, boyfriend: Sonam Kapoor
- PeeCee's day out! Priyanka Chopra spends candid time with besties – Pictures inside
- WATCH: Gujarat Lions' mystery spinner Shivil Kaushik reminded us of Paul Adams - Here's why!
- CISCE ICSE Class 10, ISC Class 12 Examinations Results 2016 to be announced on May 6 at 3 pm
- Photo alert! Imran Khan and wife Avantika Malik party with Ranbir Kapoor