Telangana Bill may not be tabled before general polls: TDP MP
Machilipatnam (AP): TDP MP YS Chowdary on Tuesday said that the Telangana Bill may not be tabled in the Parliament before the 2014 general elections.
The MP, who is also known as Sujana Chowdary, was talking to media on the sidelines of the unveiling of former chief minister N T Rama Rao`s statue at Pedana village near.
"The decision on bifurcation has only been taken by the Congress Working Committee (CWC), but not by the UPA Government," he said adding that Congress has taken the decision to divide the state only for political gains.
"So far, the central government did not declare its stand on bifurcation. The cabinet note on bifurcation is underway, but the Centre also has to take a decision on it," he said while replying to a query.
"We stalled the Parliament proceedings by opposing the bifurcation move....The process of dividing the state was deferred for about two months only due to the fight put up by the TDP," he claimed.
He also clarified that TDP members would not resign their Parliament memberships, but want to oppose the Bill in the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price