Telangana Bill may not be tabled before general polls: TDP MP
Machilipatnam (AP): TDP MP YS Chowdary on Tuesday said that the Telangana Bill may not be tabled in the Parliament before the 2014 general elections.
The MP, who is also known as Sujana Chowdary, was talking to media on the sidelines of the unveiling of former chief minister N T Rama Rao`s statue at Pedana village near.
"The decision on bifurcation has only been taken by the Congress Working Committee (CWC), but not by the UPA Government," he said adding that Congress has taken the decision to divide the state only for political gains.
"So far, the central government did not declare its stand on bifurcation. The cabinet note on bifurcation is underway, but the Centre also has to take a decision on it," he said while replying to a query.
"We stalled the Parliament proceedings by opposing the bifurcation move....The process of dividing the state was deferred for about two months only due to the fight put up by the TDP," he claimed.
He also clarified that TDP members would not resign their Parliament memberships, but want to oppose the Bill in the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth