Telangana bill sent to President Pranab Mukherjee
New Delhi/Hyderabad: The central government Friday sent to President Pranab Mukherjee the draft bill for formation of separate Telangana state.
The union home ministry sent the draft Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Bill to Rashtrapati Bhavan, a day after it was approved by the union cabinet, official sources said.
The president, who is on a tour to West Bengal, will have a look at the bill after his return to the national capital Sunday.
He will then refer the bill under Article 3 of the Constitution of India to Andhra Pradesh state assembly to send it back with its views within a prescribed time.
The draft bill will then go the union cabinet, which will give it a final shape for tabling the same in parliament.
It was not clear whether the bill would be tabled during parliament`s winter session, which concludes Dec 20.
Congress general secretary incharge of party affairs in Andhra Pradesh, Digvijaya Singh Friday said if the bill could not be tabled during the winter session, a special session would be convened.
Talking to reporters, he said whether the bill would come up during winter session or not would depend on the time the president would give to Andhra Pradesh assembly to respond with its comments.
"We can always call a special session," he said when asked what the government would do if the bill doesn`t come up during the current session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- S Korea offers Tokyo-funded money to 'comfort women'
- Jurgen Klopp tries to keep peace with frustrated Daniel Sturridge
- Iraqi, Syrian foreign ministers meet in Baghdad
- Will not be bullied, will definitely visit Pakistan to talk peace: Ramya
- Xioami Redmi Note 4 launched, comes with 10-core processor, 4,100 mAh battery