Telangana bypolls: Rosaiah holds meeting with partymen
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister K Rosaiah and state Congress President D Srinivas on Friday night held a meeting with party leaders to discuss the preparation for next month`s by-elections to 10 Assembly seats in Telangana region.
The two leaders deliberated on the candidates for the 10
seats and the status of the party in the constituencies going
to the polls. They told the party leaders and aspirants to
work unitedly to ensure the party`s victory in the election,
Congress sources said.
Names of the candidates are likely to be forwarded to the
high command for a final decision.
The by-election is necessitated as the sitting MLAs had
quit their posts in support of the Telangana issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!