Telangana bypolls: Rosaiah holds meeting with partymen
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister K Rosaiah and state Congress President D Srinivas on Friday night held a meeting with party leaders to discuss the preparation for next month`s by-elections to 10 Assembly seats in Telangana region.
The two leaders deliberated on the candidates for the 10
seats and the status of the party in the constituencies going
to the polls. They told the party leaders and aspirants to
work unitedly to ensure the party`s victory in the election,
Congress sources said.
Names of the candidates are likely to be forwarded to the
high command for a final decision.
The by-election is necessitated as the sitting MLAs had
quit their posts in support of the Telangana issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video