Telangana Cong leaders to hold meeting on July 18
Hyderabad: Telangana Congress leaders,
who have intensified their agitation for separate state, after
submitting en masse resignations, would hold an extended
meeting on July 18 here, to discuss their future strategy.
"We will hold an extended meeting of Telangana Congress
public representatives and others on July 18. We will discuss
the issue threadbare and decide the future course of action,"
Congress MP Gutta Sukhender Reddy told reporters tonight after
a meeting of the Congress leaders from the region here.
Talking about the meeting called by Andhra Pradesh
Congress president Botsa Satyanarayana with the Telangana
Congress MPs tonight, he said they would ask him to convey
their concerns to the party leadership.
After quitting their posts en masse earlier this month,
in support of separate Telangana demand, the Telangana
Congress leaders held a two-day fast here to highlight their
They indicated that they will have to undertake the
agitation with others, if no concrete response came from the
Centre by the end of this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video