Telangana Cong leaders to hold meeting on July 18
Hyderabad: Telangana Congress leaders,
who have intensified their agitation for separate state, after
submitting en masse resignations, would hold an extended
meeting on July 18 here, to discuss their future strategy.
"We will hold an extended meeting of Telangana Congress
public representatives and others on July 18. We will discuss
the issue threadbare and decide the future course of action,"
Congress MP Gutta Sukhender Reddy told reporters tonight after
a meeting of the Congress leaders from the region here.
Talking about the meeting called by Andhra Pradesh
Congress president Botsa Satyanarayana with the Telangana
Congress MPs tonight, he said they would ask him to convey
their concerns to the party leadership.
After quitting their posts en masse earlier this month,
in support of separate Telangana demand, the Telangana
Congress leaders held a two-day fast here to highlight their
They indicated that they will have to undertake the
agitation with others, if no concrete response came from the
Centre by the end of this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees