Telangana Cong MPs move privilege motion against Andhra govt
New Delhi: Seven Congress MPs from Telangana region have moved a privilege motion against the Andhra Pradesh government for arresting them and not informing the Lok Sabha Secretariat in September during a march in connection with Telangana issue.
Manda Jagannath, Madhu Goud Yashki, Ponnam Prabhakar, Rajaiah Siricilla, G Sukhender Reddy, G Vivekanand and K Rajagopal Reddy moved the motion in October and met Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar yesterday in this regard.
They alleged that they went to meet Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy at his camp office in Hyderabad, but "he not only refused to meet us but got us arrested.
"It has been a practice that the chief minister normally meets public representatives especially in such emergency situations. But unfortunately, the chief minister got us arrested and refused to meet us."
"We understand that the police did not inform the Lok Sabha secretariat about our arrest which is illegal," they said in a letter to Kumar.
"Under the above explained circumstances, there is a breach of privilege of members of parliament. We have moved a privilege motion which is pending before the Hon`ble Speaker. We now request your good-self to take up the motion as soon as possible," they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price