Telangana Cong MPs move privilege motion against Andhra govt
New Delhi: Seven Congress MPs from Telangana region have moved a privilege motion against the Andhra Pradesh government for arresting them and not informing the Lok Sabha Secretariat in September during a march in connection with Telangana issue.
Manda Jagannath, Madhu Goud Yashki, Ponnam Prabhakar, Rajaiah Siricilla, G Sukhender Reddy, G Vivekanand and K Rajagopal Reddy moved the motion in October and met Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar yesterday in this regard.
They alleged that they went to meet Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy at his camp office in Hyderabad, but "he not only refused to meet us but got us arrested.
"It has been a practice that the chief minister normally meets public representatives especially in such emergency situations. But unfortunately, the chief minister got us arrested and refused to meet us."
"We understand that the police did not inform the Lok Sabha secretariat about our arrest which is illegal," they said in a letter to Kumar.
"Under the above explained circumstances, there is a breach of privilege of members of parliament. We have moved a privilege motion which is pending before the Hon`ble Speaker. We now request your good-self to take up the motion as soon as possible," they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- IIFA 2016: Why should Oscars become benchmark to celebrate Indian cinema, asks Anupam Kher
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues
- Pampore terror attack: PM Narendra Modi pained by demise of CRPF jawans, salutes their courage
- PM Narendra Modi to share his thoughts in 21st edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' today
- IIFA Awards 2016: Here is the list of winners