Telangana Congmen not fighting for statehood: Rao
Hyderabad: Telangana Rashtra Samiti president
K Chandrasekhar Rao on Saturday criticised the Congress leaders from
Telangana for "seeking to save the government, rather than
fighting for the statehood cause".
"These leaders are riding a tiger, but they should
realise that it could eat them away, if they are not wary of
it. Rather than fighting for the statehood cause, these
leaders are seeking to save the government," Chandrasekhar Rao
Addressing the executive meeting of TRS here this
evening, KCR said it was "now or never" for Telangana
statehood dream to become a reality.
"It`s now or never. We should keep up the struggle till
we achieve Telangana state. Our fight will not end till the
goal is achieved," former Union Minister asserted.
He said that the TRS had already mustered support from
various parties at the national level. "Even the two main
national parties (Congress and BJP) are not in a position to
speak against Telangana. In fact, nobody can stop formation of
Telangana state," he added and noted that a concerted struggle
was essential to achieve it.
"We will end up being slaves if a separate state is not
carved out," KCR remarked.
Referring to the resignation of MLAs from their posts in
support of the statehood demand, the TRS chief said it was the
right of every member to decide whether or not he wished to
continue in the post.
"It is the Speaker`s basic duty to talk to legislators,
who submitted their resignations. He should accept the
resignations if the members insist," KCR said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL