Telangana Congmen not fighting for statehood: Rao
Hyderabad: Telangana Rashtra Samiti president
K Chandrasekhar Rao on Saturday criticised the Congress leaders from
Telangana for "seeking to save the government, rather than
fighting for the statehood cause".
"These leaders are riding a tiger, but they should
realise that it could eat them away, if they are not wary of
it. Rather than fighting for the statehood cause, these
leaders are seeking to save the government," Chandrasekhar Rao
Addressing the executive meeting of TRS here this
evening, KCR said it was "now or never" for Telangana
statehood dream to become a reality.
"It`s now or never. We should keep up the struggle till
we achieve Telangana state. Our fight will not end till the
goal is achieved," former Union Minister asserted.
He said that the TRS had already mustered support from
various parties at the national level. "Even the two main
national parties (Congress and BJP) are not in a position to
speak against Telangana. In fact, nobody can stop formation of
Telangana state," he added and noted that a concerted struggle
was essential to achieve it.
"We will end up being slaves if a separate state is not
carved out," KCR remarked.
Referring to the resignation of MLAs from their posts in
support of the statehood demand, the TRS chief said it was the
right of every member to decide whether or not he wished to
continue in the post.
"It is the Speaker`s basic duty to talk to legislators,
who submitted their resignations. He should accept the
resignations if the members insist," KCR said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists