Telangana Congress MLAs to seek early decision on statehood
Hyderabad: Stepping up their efforts for separate Telangana, ruling Congress MLAs from the region would soon write a letter to the party high command to take an early and favourable decision on the issue.
Several Telangana Congress MLAs, who met here today, also appealed to the youth of the region not to commit suicides in support of the statehood demand.
"We are ready for any sacrifice for the sake of Telangana. We appeal to the youth not to make their parents face the agony of losing children," Congress Chief Whip in the Assembly G Venkata Ramana Reddy told reporters.
He said the Telangana Congress MLAs would continue their efforts to realise the long-pending statehood demand.
Congress leadership and the Centre had recently said further consultations are needed to find a solution to the contentious Telangana issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional