Telangana Congress MPs threaten indefinite fast
Hyderabad: To mount pressure on the Centre for
accepting statehood demand, Congress MPs from the Telangana
region today threatened to join the ongoing agitation and go
on an indefinite fast.
"If there is no positive response from the Centre we plan
to launch fast-unto-death for achieving our goal in
consultation with leaders of other parties and people`s
organisations," Congress MP Madhu Yashik Goud told reporters
here after a meeting of party MPs from the region.
The Congress MPs from Telangana have been making efforts
to achieve the goal of a separate state, MP M Jagannadham
said, adding they would launch "direct action" like indefinite
Highlighting the need for accepting the demand, they want
the Centre to announce a road map for formation of a separate
"The Governor, Chief Minister, Deputy Chief Minister, PCC
chief and former PCC president who have been called to Delhi
should explain to the Central leadership about the need for
accepting the demand. This is a historical occasion when all
sections of people are participating in the ongoing strike,"
Congress MP Ponnam Prabhakar said.
The Congress MPs from Telangana have already submitted
their resignations, but a decision on their acceptance has not
been taken so far.
The pro-Telangana group, which includes government
employees, have been participating in `Sakala Januala Samme`
(strike by all sections of people) since September 13.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review