Telangana Congress MPs welcome outcome of all-party meet
Hyderabad: Congress MPs from Telangana have welcomed the outcome of the all-party meeting on Telangana and said they were confident that the centre would take a favourable decision in carving out a separate state in a month`s time.
The seven MPs, who lobbied strongly with the Congress leadership for the all-party meet, told reporters in New Delhi that Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, during the meeting, spoke in favour of the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh.
They also claimed that barring the YSR Congress party, all parties spoke in favour of a separate Telangana state.
"YSR Congress has shown its true colours," said Madhu Yaskhi Goud, one of the Congress MPs. He called on the people of Telangana not to allow any YSR party leader to take out any yatra in the region.
The MPs also hailed the decision of the Telugu Desam Party (TDP) to back the demand for carving out the state of Telangana. They asked TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu not to stall the formation of Telangana state this time.
The MPs advised Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) chief K Chandrasekhara Rao to withdraw the Telangana shutdown called by him Saturday. They said TRS should not give an opportunity to anti-social elements to create trouble.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media