Telangana Congress MPs welcome outcome of all-party meet
Hyderabad: Congress MPs from Telangana have welcomed the outcome of the all-party meeting on Telangana and said they were confident that the centre would take a favourable decision in carving out a separate state in a month`s time.
The seven MPs, who lobbied strongly with the Congress leadership for the all-party meet, told reporters in New Delhi that Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, during the meeting, spoke in favour of the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh.
They also claimed that barring the YSR Congress party, all parties spoke in favour of a separate Telangana state.
"YSR Congress has shown its true colours," said Madhu Yaskhi Goud, one of the Congress MPs. He called on the people of Telangana not to allow any YSR party leader to take out any yatra in the region.
The MPs also hailed the decision of the Telugu Desam Party (TDP) to back the demand for carving out the state of Telangana. They asked TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu not to stall the formation of Telangana state this time.
The MPs advised Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) chief K Chandrasekhara Rao to withdraw the Telangana shutdown called by him Saturday. They said TRS should not give an opportunity to anti-social elements to create trouble.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Twist in tale! Lalit Modi to install son Ruchir as Rajasthan Cricket Association boss
- 225 killed or missing in China torrential rains; 2.5 lakh people trapped
- Elvis Presley almost choked himself to death with drugs
- 48 hours on, Indian Air Force's AN 32 still untraceable; families of missing officials pray for good news
- WhatsApp chat between Hrithik Roshan and his mother will give you fitness goals! View inside