Telangana: Cracks in JAC, Cong says no deadlines to Centre
New Delhi: Ahead of its January 28 deadline
on the statehood issue, cracks have appeared in the Telangana
Joint Action Committee with Andhra Pradesh Congress on Saturday
declaring that no organisation can set "deadlines to elected
"No one can set deadlines to elected governments.
Representatives from all regions of the state should sit and
try to resolve the issue," APCC chief D Srinivas told
reporters after meeting Defence Minister A K Antony and Home
Minister P Chidambaram.
Several senior Congress leaders are part of the JAC which
is spearheading the pro-Telangana agitation in Andhra Pradesh.
The JAC had set a January 28 deadline for the Centre on the
Telangana statehood issue.
Srinivas said Antony and Chidambaram told him that peace
and harmony should prevail in the state.
"They told me that calm should prevail and suicides over
Telangana should stop," he said.
Meanwhile, Congress MPs from Telangana also made it clear
that they will go only by the party High Command`s directive
and not by the JAC.
"We don`t agree with the deadline. No one can set
deadlines to the Centre. We have requested the High Command to
expedite the process of formation of a separate Telangana
state and we prefer to wait," senior MP M Jaganath said.
Congress High Command also said it was satisfied with the
reply of Nizambad MP Madhu Goud Yaskhi over the show cause
notice issued to him for "deliberately lowering party`s
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'