Telangana crisis: Rao, Rajagopal continue fast
Hyderabad: TDP legislator D Umamaheswar
Rao was "very weak" and unable to speak today as his
indefinite fast in support of a united Andhra Pradesh entered
the 10th day even as Congress MP Lagadapati Rajagopal
continued his fast in a city hospital.
"Umamaheswar Rao is not able to speak. He is very weak
but stable," doctors attending on him at the NRI hospital in
Mangalagiri`s Guntur district said.
The TDP MLA was forcibly shifted few days ago from
Vijayawada to the hospital after his condition showed signs of
Rajagopal, meanwhile, continued his fast in support
of a united Andhra Pradesh at the Nizams Institute of Medical
His health condition is stable and there is no cause
for worry, hospital sources said.
Rajagopal`s wife Padma and senior Congress MLA J C
Diwakar Reddy, who met him late last night, told reporters
that his condition is stable and that there is no cause for
Rallies and road blockades continued in the state and
several other leaders, who were on fast across the Rayalseeema
and Coastal Andhra regions, continued their protests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali