Telangana crisis: Rao, Rajagopal continue fast
Hyderabad: TDP legislator D Umamaheswar
Rao was "very weak" and unable to speak today as his
indefinite fast in support of a united Andhra Pradesh entered
the 10th day even as Congress MP Lagadapati Rajagopal
continued his fast in a city hospital.
"Umamaheswar Rao is not able to speak. He is very weak
but stable," doctors attending on him at the NRI hospital in
Mangalagiri`s Guntur district said.
The TDP MLA was forcibly shifted few days ago from
Vijayawada to the hospital after his condition showed signs of
Rajagopal, meanwhile, continued his fast in support
of a united Andhra Pradesh at the Nizams Institute of Medical
His health condition is stable and there is no cause
for worry, hospital sources said.
Rajagopal`s wife Padma and senior Congress MLA J C
Diwakar Reddy, who met him late last night, told reporters
that his condition is stable and that there is no cause for
Rallies and road blockades continued in the state and
several other leaders, who were on fast across the Rayalseeema
and Coastal Andhra regions, continued their protests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- Preity Zinta to tie the knot this Valentine?