Telangana, demand for steel factory stall AP House
Hyderabad: Telangana issue and the demand to set up a steel plant in Khammam district of Andhra Pradesh on Tuesday disrupted the proceedings of the State Legislative Assembly here.
TRS members trooped into the well of the House as soon as the session began for the day and raised slogans demanding that the Assembly pass a resolution favouring formation of separate Telangana.
The TDP members also stood near the Speaker`s podium demanding that a steel factory be established in Khammam district in Telangana region.
Speaker N Manohar initially adjourned the House for half-an-hour. After the House re-assembled, TDP and TRS members again reached the Speaker`s podium and continued to press for their demands.
The Speaker asked the ministers to introduce the Andhra Pradesh Municipal Laws (Amendment) Bill 2013 and the Andhra Pradesh Medical Practitioners Registration (Amendment) Bill 2013, which they did.
The Speaker appreciated the fact that the reports of department-related standing committees on various subjects have been presented in the House. Also, standing committees, on the lines of parliamentary standing committees, have been appointed for the first time and the panels have come up with their reports.
As TDP and TRS members continued with slogan shouting in support of their demands the Speaker adjourned the house again for 30 minutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!