Telangana, demand for steel factory stall AP House
Hyderabad: Telangana issue and the demand to set up a steel plant in Khammam district of Andhra Pradesh on Tuesday disrupted the proceedings of the State Legislative Assembly here.
TRS members trooped into the well of the House as soon as the session began for the day and raised slogans demanding that the Assembly pass a resolution favouring formation of separate Telangana.
The TDP members also stood near the Speaker`s podium demanding that a steel factory be established in Khammam district in Telangana region.
Speaker N Manohar initially adjourned the House for half-an-hour. After the House re-assembled, TDP and TRS members again reached the Speaker`s podium and continued to press for their demands.
The Speaker asked the ministers to introduce the Andhra Pradesh Municipal Laws (Amendment) Bill 2013 and the Andhra Pradesh Medical Practitioners Registration (Amendment) Bill 2013, which they did.
The Speaker appreciated the fact that the reports of department-related standing committees on various subjects have been presented in the House. Also, standing committees, on the lines of parliamentary standing committees, have been appointed for the first time and the panels have come up with their reports.
As TDP and TRS members continued with slogan shouting in support of their demands the Speaker adjourned the house again for 30 minutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh