Telangana: Deputy CM, ministers threaten to quit
Hyderabad: The deputy chief minister of Andhra Pradesh and other ministers from Telangana region have threatened to quit for the sake of separate statehood to the region.
Condemning the arrests of Telangana supporters coming to Hyderabad for the Telangana march, Deputy Chief Minister Damodar Rajanarasimha warned that if the people were harmed he would not hesitate to resign.
Ministers K Jana Reddy and B Saraiah met the deputy chief minister to discuss the latest situation arising out of the arrests of Telangana protestors in various districts. They alleged that the government had gone back on its word to allow peaceful march.
Jana Reddy, who played a key role in obtaining permission for the march, said the time had come for them to make a choice between the ministerial posts and the cause of Telangana.
All the ministers from the region plan to meet here on Sunday evening to chalk out their future course of action.
With Congress MPs from the region lodging their strong protest outside the chief minister`s office-cum-residence, which led to their arrest twice since morning, the ministers were under pressure to speak out.
Pro-Telangana groups of Osmania University students demanded that the ministers should come for the Telangana march only after resigning from the ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers