Telangana: Deputy CM, ministers threaten to quit
Hyderabad: The deputy chief minister of Andhra Pradesh and other ministers from Telangana region have threatened to quit for the sake of separate statehood to the region.
Condemning the arrests of Telangana supporters coming to Hyderabad for the Telangana march, Deputy Chief Minister Damodar Rajanarasimha warned that if the people were harmed he would not hesitate to resign.
Ministers K Jana Reddy and B Saraiah met the deputy chief minister to discuss the latest situation arising out of the arrests of Telangana protestors in various districts. They alleged that the government had gone back on its word to allow peaceful march.
Jana Reddy, who played a key role in obtaining permission for the march, said the time had come for them to make a choice between the ministerial posts and the cause of Telangana.
All the ministers from the region plan to meet here on Sunday evening to chalk out their future course of action.
With Congress MPs from the region lodging their strong protest outside the chief minister`s office-cum-residence, which led to their arrest twice since morning, the ministers were under pressure to speak out.
Pro-Telangana groups of Osmania University students demanded that the ministers should come for the Telangana march only after resigning from the ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi