Telangana disrupts Lok Sabha again
New Delhi: The demand for a separate Telangana state disrupted the Lok Sabha for the fifth consecutive day Friday, leading to another adjournment as some MPs alleged that the central government was insensitive towards their demand.
As soon as the lower house convened at 11 a.m., MPs from the Congress, the Telugu Desam Party (TDP) and the Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) shouted slogans of "Jai Telangana", urging Speaker Meira Kumar to adjourn the house.
The MPs alleged that the central government was insensitive towards their demand which had driven people to end their lives.
As the din continued, the speaker adjourned the house till 12 noon.
The dragging demand for a separate state to be carved out of Andhra Pradesh has seen at least two people have committed suicide in the last few days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state