Telangana disrupts Lok Sabha again
New Delhi: The demand for a separate Telangana state disrupted the Lok Sabha for the fifth consecutive day Friday, leading to another adjournment as some MPs alleged that the central government was insensitive towards their demand.
As soon as the lower house convened at 11 a.m., MPs from the Congress, the Telugu Desam Party (TDP) and the Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) shouted slogans of "Jai Telangana", urging Speaker Meira Kumar to adjourn the house.
The MPs alleged that the central government was insensitive towards their demand which had driven people to end their lives.
As the din continued, the speaker adjourned the house till 12 noon.
The dragging demand for a separate state to be carved out of Andhra Pradesh has seen at least two people have committed suicide in the last few days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere