Telangana employees call off non-cooperation agitation for now
Hyderabad: The government employees from
Telangana have `temporarily` called off their non-cooperation
agitation after talks with the Andhra government ended on a
positive note late tonight.
The Telangana employees, under the aegis of Joint Action
Committee, had launched the non-cooperation agitation and
abstained from work since February 17.
The government conceded the main demands of the JAC,
including ensuring a 42 per cent share in jobs to people from
Telangana, constituting a judicial committee to review the
implementation of Presidential Order in respect of government
jobs and cancelling the `illegal deputation` of officers.
JAC leader Swami Goud signed an agreement with the
government on implementation of the demands in the presence of
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy.
"Based on the assurance given by the government, we are
calling off the non-cooperation agitation temporarily. We
shall now carry on our agitation in another form till our main
demand of creating Telangana state is conceded. If the
government fails to honour the agreement, we would not
hesitate to go on strike," Swami Goud told reporters later.
Minister Damodar Rajanarasimha, who was part of the
Cabinet sub-committee that held negotiations with the JAC,
said they have agreed to lead a delegation of JAC leaders to
New Delhi to discuss certain pending issues with the Central
government which includes constitution of a separate Public
Service Commission for Telangana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- SC asks Haryana Police to quickly finish AIPMT paper leak probe