Telangana: Ex-TDP MLA meets Rajnath
New Delhi: In a development indicating that former TDP leader Nagam Janardhan Reddy may be inching closer to BJP, the Andhra Pradesh MLA Thursday met party President Rajnath Singh seeking support for the creation of a separate Telangana.
Reddy, who was accompanied by BJP Andhra Pradesh state unit president G Kishan Reddy, met Singh at BJP central office here at noon.
He later told mediapersons that he had been assured of support by BJP on the Telangana issue.
"I came here to meet Rajnath Singhji with regard to the Telangana issue. In Telanagana, more than thousand people committed suicide for the sake of the formation of the state but Parliament and Assembly are not taking serious note of the issue," he said.
Referring to the Boston bombings, he said, "Some people died in Boston. They condoled the death of the people there. But why they are not taking (note of) the deaths of youth who are dying for Telangana."
The MLA from Nagarkurnool constituency said he had asked the BJP President that the party should raise the issue of Telangana to create pressure.
Krishan Reddy said his party would be happy if Nagam Janardhan Reddy joins them.
After quitting Telugu Desam Party, Nagam Janardhan Reddy had said he was forced to quit the party because of Chandrababu Naidu`s attitude towards Telangana issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- Kerry arrives in India for strategic dialogue; terrorism emanating from Pakistan, visa issues on agenda
- UP polls: Rahul Gandhi to cover 2,500 km, 233 Assembly constituencies, 39 districts, but no big rallies
- Lionel Messi's Argentina return hampered by groin injury, Sergio Aguero too ruled out
- Curfew lifted in Kashmir Valley, Rajnath Singh to head all-party team on Sept 4
- ISS astronaut Jeff Williams shares captivating image of the USA's west coast! - See pic