Telangana: Ex-TDP MLA meets Rajnath
New Delhi: In a development indicating that former TDP leader Nagam Janardhan Reddy may be inching closer to BJP, the Andhra Pradesh MLA Thursday met party President Rajnath Singh seeking support for the creation of a separate Telangana.
Reddy, who was accompanied by BJP Andhra Pradesh state unit president G Kishan Reddy, met Singh at BJP central office here at noon.
He later told mediapersons that he had been assured of support by BJP on the Telangana issue.
"I came here to meet Rajnath Singhji with regard to the Telangana issue. In Telanagana, more than thousand people committed suicide for the sake of the formation of the state but Parliament and Assembly are not taking serious note of the issue," he said.
Referring to the Boston bombings, he said, "Some people died in Boston. They condoled the death of the people there. But why they are not taking (note of) the deaths of youth who are dying for Telangana."
The MLA from Nagarkurnool constituency said he had asked the BJP President that the party should raise the issue of Telangana to create pressure.
Krishan Reddy said his party would be happy if Nagam Janardhan Reddy joins them.
After quitting Telugu Desam Party, Nagam Janardhan Reddy had said he was forced to quit the party because of Chandrababu Naidu`s attitude towards Telangana issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what