Telangana formation `undemocratic`, will approach court: Jaganmohan Reddy
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: YSR Congress chief Jaganmohan Reddy on Friday said his party would approach the court over the "undemocratic" division of Andhra Pradesh.
A day after Parliament approved the creation of Telangana as the country`s 29th state, Jagan said, “The Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Bill 2014, was introduced undemocratically in the Lok Sabha.”
Further accusing the UPA government of killing the democracy in broad daylight ever before, he added, "We will be approaching the courts."
Referring to the blackout of Lok Sabha TV coverage when the crucial Telangana Bill was taken up in Lok Sabha, Jagan charged, "They have undemocratically shut the doors and have divided the state."
Jagan further attacked Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, saying his speech has failed to address various issues of Seemandhra region such as capital city, financial aid and water issues.
"The Prime Minister spoke about revenue deficit. He spoke about covering this gap for just one year. I wonder what is to happen to Seemandhra after this one year," he questioned.
On the announcement pertaining to special category status for a period of five years for Seemandhra, he said it would not serve the purpose as the time frame was very short.
Jagan was also critical of BJP, whose support in Parliament paved the way for bifurcating Andhra Pradesh.
"Unfortunately, they did not go against the voting. They also participated in the voting and voted for division," he noted.
He warned that any party with 270 MPs at the Centre may break any state in the country, according to their whims and fancies, as has happened in the case of Andhra Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31