Telangana: Govt asks MLAs to withdraw resignations
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh government`s chief whip M Bhatti Vikramarka late Friday appealed to the legislators, who have resigned from their posts en
masse, to withdraw their resignations help reduce emotional outpouring over the proposed division of the state.
"There is an upsurge of emotions over the Telangana issue. If you, the leaders, also get emotional and resign, it is not going to help reduce the emotions. My only appeal to all the brother MLAs is to withdraw the resignations. It will help the matters," he told reporters.
The state was plunged into a crisis following the resignations of 130 MLAs in protest against the Centre`s move to initiate the process for formation of separate Telangana.
Chief Minister K Rosaiah yesterday made an appeal to the people and all political parties to observe restraint in the wake of emotional upsurge on the Telangana issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir