Telangana group to disrupt Seemandhra meet
Hyderabad: Telangana Jagruthi, the cultural arm of TRS, has threatened to disrupt Thursday`s meeting called by Congress leaders from Rayalaseema and Andhra regions to oppose the proposed division of Andhra Pradesh.
Telangana Jagruthi president Kavita Wednesday said they would not allow the meeting to be held in Hyderabad as it was a `conspiracy` to stall the formation of Telangana state.
Kavita, daughter of Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) president K. Chandrasekhara Rao, said they would not keep quiet if Seemandhra (Raylaseema and Andhra) leaders tried to create hurdles in the formation of a separate state.
She threatened to mobilize her supporters from all 10 districts of Telangana to stop the meeting. "We demand the government to act and stop this meeting which is aimed at provoking the people of Telangana."
Ministers, legislators and other leaders from Seemandhra have decided to meet here Thursday to chalk out a strategy to keep Andhra Pradesh united.
The meeting is being held in the backdrop of the central government intensifying its efforts to find a solution to the Telangana problem by Jan 28.
Some ministers from Telangana claimed to have received indications that New Delhi had made up its mind to carve out Telangana.
Meanwhile, the Telangana Joint Action Committee (JAC), comprising various pro-Telangana groups, decided to hold a silent protest here Thursday to demand an announcement for the formation of Telangana state by Jan 28.
After a meeting with Congress leader K Keshava Rao, JAC convenor M Kodandaram said people from all walks of life would take part in the protest to be held at the martyrs` memorial near assembly building.
He appealed to Seemandhra leaders to drop their plans to hold the meeting.
Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde said after the Dec 28 all-party meeting in Delhi that a decision on Telangana would be made within a month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday