Telangana group to disrupt Seemandhra meet
Hyderabad: Telangana Jagruthi, the cultural arm of TRS, has threatened to disrupt Thursday`s meeting called by Congress leaders from Rayalaseema and Andhra regions to oppose the proposed division of Andhra Pradesh.
Telangana Jagruthi president Kavita Wednesday said they would not allow the meeting to be held in Hyderabad as it was a `conspiracy` to stall the formation of Telangana state.
Kavita, daughter of Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) president K. Chandrasekhara Rao, said they would not keep quiet if Seemandhra (Raylaseema and Andhra) leaders tried to create hurdles in the formation of a separate state.
She threatened to mobilize her supporters from all 10 districts of Telangana to stop the meeting. "We demand the government to act and stop this meeting which is aimed at provoking the people of Telangana."
Ministers, legislators and other leaders from Seemandhra have decided to meet here Thursday to chalk out a strategy to keep Andhra Pradesh united.
The meeting is being held in the backdrop of the central government intensifying its efforts to find a solution to the Telangana problem by Jan 28.
Some ministers from Telangana claimed to have received indications that New Delhi had made up its mind to carve out Telangana.
Meanwhile, the Telangana Joint Action Committee (JAC), comprising various pro-Telangana groups, decided to hold a silent protest here Thursday to demand an announcement for the formation of Telangana state by Jan 28.
After a meeting with Congress leader K Keshava Rao, JAC convenor M Kodandaram said people from all walks of life would take part in the protest to be held at the martyrs` memorial near assembly building.
He appealed to Seemandhra leaders to drop their plans to hold the meeting.
Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde said after the Dec 28 all-party meeting in Delhi that a decision on Telangana would be made within a month.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory