Telangana issue: Andhra CM astonished by PC’s statement
Hyderabad: Ruling out tabling a resolution for creation of separate Telangana in the Assembly immediately, Andhra Chief Minister K Rosaiah today said he was astonished, surprised and anguished by Union Home Minister P Chidambaram`s statement on initiating steps for creation of a new state.
He said he discussed with the high command the issue
of Telangana but he had told them that to pass a resolution in
the assembly was difficult and he had expressed his "fears".
"There was preparation but to my astonishment, to my
surprise and anguish, the so-called statement issued by
Chidambaram has created a sort of flutter among the youth of
coastal areas of Rayalaseema starting from Srikakulam up to
Tirupati to Kadapa," he told.
On his discussions with Congress leadership and the
Prime Minister on Wednesday and whether the decision was taken
to announce creation of Telangana, Rosaiah said, "No, we
discussed. I said to move a resolution and to pass it
is very difficult.
"I can`t assure you that the resolution will be
passed because the number is most important. Cutting across
the party lines, the agitation will take a turn. So, I
expressed my fear to the Congress leadership."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi