Telangana issue: Andhra CM astonished by PC’s statement
Hyderabad: Ruling out tabling a resolution for creation of separate Telangana in the Assembly immediately, Andhra Chief Minister K Rosaiah today said he was astonished, surprised and anguished by Union Home Minister P Chidambaram`s statement on initiating steps for creation of a new state.
He said he discussed with the high command the issue
of Telangana but he had told them that to pass a resolution in
the assembly was difficult and he had expressed his "fears".
"There was preparation but to my astonishment, to my
surprise and anguish, the so-called statement issued by
Chidambaram has created a sort of flutter among the youth of
coastal areas of Rayalaseema starting from Srikakulam up to
Tirupati to Kadapa," he told.
On his discussions with Congress leadership and the
Prime Minister on Wednesday and whether the decision was taken
to announce creation of Telangana, Rosaiah said, "No, we
discussed. I said to move a resolution and to pass it
is very difficult.
"I can`t assure you that the resolution will be
passed because the number is most important. Cutting across
the party lines, the agitation will take a turn. So, I
expressed my fear to the Congress leadership."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened