Telangana issue: Another TDP MP resigns
Hyderabad: Telugu Desam Party (TDP) MP Gundu
Sudha Rani Thursday quit from the Rajya Sabha in protest against delay in formation of a separate state, taking the number of parliamentarians from the party who resigned on the issue to
Rani faxed her resignation to Rajya Sabha Chairman Hamid Ansari this morning, TDP sources said.
Two TDP members of Lok Sabha had submitted their
resignations to Speaker Meira Kumar two days ago.
With this, the number of TDP MPs who resigned for the
cause of Telangana, rose to three.
The total number of MPs, who put in their papers on the
issue has now shot up to 15 (10 Congress, three TDP and two
In all, 101 MLAs have quit their posts on the issue. It
includes 12 Ministers of Andhra Pradesh cabinet while the
number of MLCs who resigned touched 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics