Telangana issue: Another TDP MP resigns
Hyderabad: Telugu Desam Party (TDP) MP Gundu
Sudha Rani Thursday quit from the Rajya Sabha in protest against delay in formation of a separate state, taking the number of parliamentarians from the party who resigned on the issue to
Rani faxed her resignation to Rajya Sabha Chairman Hamid Ansari this morning, TDP sources said.
Two TDP members of Lok Sabha had submitted their
resignations to Speaker Meira Kumar two days ago.
With this, the number of TDP MPs who resigned for the
cause of Telangana, rose to three.
The total number of MPs, who put in their papers on the
issue has now shot up to 15 (10 Congress, three TDP and two
In all, 101 MLAs have quit their posts on the issue. It
includes 12 Ministers of Andhra Pradesh cabinet while the
number of MLCs who resigned touched 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'