Telangana issue: Cong MPs to meet on January 4
Hyderabad: Congress MPs from Telangana region on Sunday said they would meet on January 4 to decide future course of action to make the Centre take a favourable decision on the statehood issue.
"Since we were let down earlier, we would like to continue to put pressure and see that a road map is announced for formation of Telangana," Congress MP Ponnam Prabhakar told reporters here.
The future course of action would be deliberated on January 4, he said.
Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde had indicated on Friday that a decision on the contentious issue would be taken in a month after a meeting with political parties from Andhra Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video