Telangana issue: Cong MPs to meet on January 4
Hyderabad: Congress MPs from Telangana region on Sunday said they would meet on January 4 to decide future course of action to make the Centre take a favourable decision on the statehood issue.
"Since we were let down earlier, we would like to continue to put pressure and see that a road map is announced for formation of Telangana," Congress MP Ponnam Prabhakar told reporters here.
The future course of action would be deliberated on January 4, he said.
Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde had indicated on Friday that a decision on the contentious issue would be taken in a month after a meeting with political parties from Andhra Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley