Telangana issue: Cong MPs to meet on January 4
Hyderabad: Congress MPs from Telangana region on Sunday said they would meet on January 4 to decide future course of action to make the Centre take a favourable decision on the statehood issue.
"Since we were let down earlier, we would like to continue to put pressure and see that a road map is announced for formation of Telangana," Congress MP Ponnam Prabhakar told reporters here.
The future course of action would be deliberated on January 4, he said.
Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde had indicated on Friday that a decision on the contentious issue would be taken in a month after a meeting with political parties from Andhra Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning