Telangana issue: Cong MPs to meet on January 4
Hyderabad: Congress MPs from Telangana region on Sunday said they would meet on January 4 to decide future course of action to make the Centre take a favourable decision on the statehood issue.
"Since we were let down earlier, we would like to continue to put pressure and see that a road map is announced for formation of Telangana," Congress MP Ponnam Prabhakar told reporters here.
The future course of action would be deliberated on January 4, he said.
Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde had indicated on Friday that a decision on the contentious issue would be taken in a month after a meeting with political parties from Andhra Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam