Telangana issue: Congress leaders urge AP minister`s wife to end fast
Rajahmundry (AP): Senior Congress leaders, including party general secretary Digvijay Singh, spoke to Andhra Pradesh Minister Thota Narasimhamam`s wife Vani, who is on a fast here for the last five days in opposition to division of the state, and requested her to end the agitation.
Stamps and Registration minister Thota Narasimhamam told Thursday evening that Singh and senior Congress leaders from the state spoke to his wife over phone, asking her to end the fast as her health condition was deteriorating.
However, she will continue her fast today, and decide the next course of action tomorrow, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand