Telangana issue: Congress leaders urge AP minister`s wife to end fast
Rajahmundry (AP): Senior Congress leaders, including party general secretary Digvijay Singh, spoke to Andhra Pradesh Minister Thota Narasimhamam`s wife Vani, who is on a fast here for the last five days in opposition to division of the state, and requested her to end the agitation.
Stamps and Registration minister Thota Narasimhamam told Thursday evening that Singh and senior Congress leaders from the state spoke to his wife over phone, asking her to end the fast as her health condition was deteriorating.
However, she will continue her fast today, and decide the next course of action tomorrow, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid