Telangana issue: Congress leaders urge AP minister`s wife to end fast
Rajahmundry (AP): Senior Congress leaders, including party general secretary Digvijay Singh, spoke to Andhra Pradesh Minister Thota Narasimhamam`s wife Vani, who is on a fast here for the last five days in opposition to division of the state, and requested her to end the agitation.
Stamps and Registration minister Thota Narasimhamam told Thursday evening that Singh and senior Congress leaders from the state spoke to his wife over phone, asking her to end the fast as her health condition was deteriorating.
However, she will continue her fast today, and decide the next course of action tomorrow, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report