Telangana issue generates heat in Rajya Sabha
New Delhi: A senior Congress leader on Friday alleged that Home Minister P Chidamabaram`s statement on creation of a separate Telangana state was given in 2010 after TDP leader Chandrababu Naidu pledged his support for it.
The statement made by Hanumantha Rao (Cong) led to a furore in the House as members from TDP and BJP sought a clarification from the Home Minister on the issue.
Participating in a debate on a Private Member`s Resolution, Rao said Chidambaram had made the statement about starting the process of creation of Telangana on December 9, 2010, after Naidu said on December 7 that he will support it.
Reacting to this, Devendra Goud T (TDP) said Congress was trying to blame his party for the Home Minister`s statement and Chidambaram should give a clarification on this.
Intervening in the matter, Prakash Javadekar (BJP) said Congress was seeking opinion of other parties on the Telangana issue but its own stand was not clear.
"All parties are present here and let everyone, including Congress, make its stand clear," he demanded.
This led to pandemonium with members from both sides attacking each other, forcing the Chair to adjourn the House for 30 minutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Islamic preacher Zakir Naik's 'aide' arrested over alleged terror links
- Bhagwant Mann video row: LS Speaker seeks report on Parliament security, may summon AAP MP
- My presidency will restore `safety` in US, says Donald Trump in acceptance speech
- Vatican invited to mediate in Venezuela crisis
- Nigeria 'talking to' oil rebels: Buhari