Telangana issue likely to figure at Congress meet tomorrow
New Delhi: The issue of Telangana is expected to figure at the meeting of the Congress top brass, including Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and party chief Sonia Gandhi, in New Delhi on Friday.
The meeting is being held at a time when Congress ministers from Rayalaseema and coastal Andhra have already reached here to pursue the united Andhra Pradesh cause.
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, state Congress chief Botsa Satyanarayana and Deputy Chief Minister C Damodar Raja Narasimha are also expected to be here tomorrow.
The Congress Core Group had discussed the Telangana issue earlier this month and decided to refer the long-pending matter to the Congress Working Committee for a final view.
Reports said the Congress Working Committee, the party`s highest decision-making body, is likely to meet soon.
Meanwhile, amid talk that Congress leadership may take a decision in favour of separate Telangana, a ruling Congress MLA and two YSR Congress legislators from non-Telangana regions today said in Hyderabad that they have "resigned" from their posts in support of the united Andhra Pradesh cause.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Terrorist captured in J&K's Kupwara district is Pakistani national from Lahore: Report
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US
- One billion iPhones have been sold: Apple CEO Tim Cook
- US prosecutors drop all charges in Freddie Gray death