Telangana issue likely to figure at Congress meet tomorrow
New Delhi: The issue of Telangana is expected to figure at the meeting of the Congress top brass, including Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and party chief Sonia Gandhi, in New Delhi on Friday.
The meeting is being held at a time when Congress ministers from Rayalaseema and coastal Andhra have already reached here to pursue the united Andhra Pradesh cause.
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, state Congress chief Botsa Satyanarayana and Deputy Chief Minister C Damodar Raja Narasimha are also expected to be here tomorrow.
The Congress Core Group had discussed the Telangana issue earlier this month and decided to refer the long-pending matter to the Congress Working Committee for a final view.
Reports said the Congress Working Committee, the party`s highest decision-making body, is likely to meet soon.
Meanwhile, amid talk that Congress leadership may take a decision in favour of separate Telangana, a ruling Congress MLA and two YSR Congress legislators from non-Telangana regions today said in Hyderabad that they have "resigned" from their posts in support of the united Andhra Pradesh cause.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zika virus may spread sexually from asymptomatic man to woman, claims study
- Delhi constable murder: All three culprits arrested
- Now KRK gets in on the act, blasts Piers Morgan for tweeting about PM Modi
- Seven killed in road accident in Uttar Pradesh's Ambedkarnagar
- Searching for weekend get aways in South? Give it a look