Telangana issue: Protests against bifurcation continue, bandh at UCIL
Rajahmundry: Protests against the proposed bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh continued in the Seemandhra region on Thursday, with a partial strike at Uranium Corporation of India plant in Kadapa district.
People in large numbers today attended `Laksha Jana Gala Sagar Ghosha` (Voice of One Lakh People) rally organized by the Samaikyandhra Joint Action Committee at Kakinada in East Godavari district.
In Kadapa district, Telugu Desam Party and YSR Congress Party leaders announced 72 hours bandh at Uranium Corporation of India Ltd at Thummalapalli village in velupula mandal.
About 800 employees of the UCIL took part in the strike, the protesters claimed.
Employees of AP Power Generation Company Ltd, AP Transmission Company Ltd and Southern Power Distribution Company Ltd have proceeded on mass casual leave in support of the agitation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'