Telangana issue: Protests against bifurcation continue, bandh at UCIL
Rajahmundry: Protests against the proposed bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh continued in the Seemandhra region on Thursday, with a partial strike at Uranium Corporation of India plant in Kadapa district.
People in large numbers today attended `Laksha Jana Gala Sagar Ghosha` (Voice of One Lakh People) rally organized by the Samaikyandhra Joint Action Committee at Kakinada in East Godavari district.
In Kadapa district, Telugu Desam Party and YSR Congress Party leaders announced 72 hours bandh at Uranium Corporation of India Ltd at Thummalapalli village in velupula mandal.
About 800 employees of the UCIL took part in the strike, the protesters claimed.
Employees of AP Power Generation Company Ltd, AP Transmission Company Ltd and Southern Power Distribution Company Ltd have proceeded on mass casual leave in support of the agitation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH