Telangana issue: Protests against bifurcation continue, bandh at UCIL
Rajahmundry: Protests against the proposed bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh continued in the Seemandhra region on Thursday, with a partial strike at Uranium Corporation of India plant in Kadapa district.
People in large numbers today attended `Laksha Jana Gala Sagar Ghosha` (Voice of One Lakh People) rally organized by the Samaikyandhra Joint Action Committee at Kakinada in East Godavari district.
In Kadapa district, Telugu Desam Party and YSR Congress Party leaders announced 72 hours bandh at Uranium Corporation of India Ltd at Thummalapalli village in velupula mandal.
About 800 employees of the UCIL took part in the strike, the protesters claimed.
Employees of AP Power Generation Company Ltd, AP Transmission Company Ltd and Southern Power Distribution Company Ltd have proceeded on mass casual leave in support of the agitation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand