Telangana issue rocks AP Assembly
Hyderabad: For the second day in a row,
the Telangana statehood issue rocked the Andhra Pradesh
Assembly leading to two adjournments on Tuesday morning.
When the House assembled at 9 am, TDP and TRS legislators
from the region stormed the Speaker`s podium holding placards
and raising slogans demanding that the House pass a resolution
seeking creation of Telangana state.
Speaker Nadendla Manohar rejected an adjournment
motion moved by TRS, TDP, BJP and CPI in this regard. Amidst
the sloganeering, the Speaker initially adjourned the
proceedings for 15 minutes.
The Congress MLAs from Telangana too joined the
protest, standing at their respective seats, when the House
re-assembled after more than an hour.
As the din continued, the Speaker asked the ministers
concerned to move the demands for grants of their respective
departments and adjourned the House for 30 minutes the second
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured