Telangana issue rocks AP Assembly
Hyderabad: For the second day in a row,
the Telangana statehood issue rocked the Andhra Pradesh
Assembly leading to two adjournments on Tuesday morning.
When the House assembled at 9 am, TDP and TRS legislators
from the region stormed the Speaker`s podium holding placards
and raising slogans demanding that the House pass a resolution
seeking creation of Telangana state.
Speaker Nadendla Manohar rejected an adjournment
motion moved by TRS, TDP, BJP and CPI in this regard. Amidst
the sloganeering, the Speaker initially adjourned the
proceedings for 15 minutes.
The Congress MLAs from Telangana too joined the
protest, standing at their respective seats, when the House
re-assembled after more than an hour.
As the din continued, the Speaker asked the ministers
concerned to move the demands for grants of their respective
departments and adjourned the House for 30 minutes the second
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Islamic preacher Zakir Naik's 'aide' arrested over alleged terror links
- Bhagwant Mann video row: LS Speaker seeks report on Parliament security, may summon AAP MP
- My presidency will restore `safety` in US, says Donald Trump in acceptance speech
- Vatican invited to mediate in Venezuela crisis
- Nigeria 'talking to' oil rebels: Buhari