Telangana issue rocks AP Assembly
Hyderabad: For the second day in a row,
the Telangana statehood issue rocked the Andhra Pradesh
Assembly leading to two adjournments on Tuesday morning.
When the House assembled at 9 am, TDP and TRS legislators
from the region stormed the Speaker`s podium holding placards
and raising slogans demanding that the House pass a resolution
seeking creation of Telangana state.
Speaker Nadendla Manohar rejected an adjournment
motion moved by TRS, TDP, BJP and CPI in this regard. Amidst
the sloganeering, the Speaker initially adjourned the
proceedings for 15 minutes.
The Congress MLAs from Telangana too joined the
protest, standing at their respective seats, when the House
re-assembled after more than an hour.
As the din continued, the Speaker asked the ministers
concerned to move the demands for grants of their respective
departments and adjourned the House for 30 minutes the second
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH