Telangana issue rocks AP Assembly
Hyderabad: For the second day in a row,
the Telangana statehood issue rocked the Andhra Pradesh
Assembly leading to two adjournments on Tuesday morning.
When the House assembled at 9 am, TDP and TRS legislators
from the region stormed the Speaker`s podium holding placards
and raising slogans demanding that the House pass a resolution
seeking creation of Telangana state.
Speaker Nadendla Manohar rejected an adjournment
motion moved by TRS, TDP, BJP and CPI in this regard. Amidst
the sloganeering, the Speaker initially adjourned the
proceedings for 15 minutes.
The Congress MLAs from Telangana too joined the
protest, standing at their respective seats, when the House
re-assembled after more than an hour.
As the din continued, the Speaker asked the ministers
concerned to move the demands for grants of their respective
departments and adjourned the House for 30 minutes the second
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre