Telangana issue rocks AP Assembly
Hyderabad: For the second day in a row,
the Telangana statehood issue rocked the Andhra Pradesh
Assembly leading to two adjournments on Tuesday morning.
When the House assembled at 9 am, TDP and TRS legislators
from the region stormed the Speaker`s podium holding placards
and raising slogans demanding that the House pass a resolution
seeking creation of Telangana state.
Speaker Nadendla Manohar rejected an adjournment
motion moved by TRS, TDP, BJP and CPI in this regard. Amidst
the sloganeering, the Speaker initially adjourned the
proceedings for 15 minutes.
The Congress MLAs from Telangana too joined the
protest, standing at their respective seats, when the House
re-assembled after more than an hour.
As the din continued, the Speaker asked the ministers
concerned to move the demands for grants of their respective
departments and adjourned the House for 30 minutes the second
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- EPL 2016-17, Gameweek 3: Saturday football — Chelsea take pole, Arsenal end winless run
- UPSC issues e-admit cards for NDA, NA exams 2016
- West Indies vs India, 1st T20I: MS Dhoni admits execution of his last ball dismissal wrong
- Belgian Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton ready for slog from back of the field
- Traditional Indian diet dramatically cuts Alzheimer's risk