Telangana issue: Rosaiah appeals for restraint
Hyderabad: With leaders of Telangana and
other regions in Andhra Pradesh often indulging in sharp
exchange of words over the contentious statehood issue, former
CM K Rosaiah on Thursday urged them to observe
"Animosities should not be created among the people.
We need to enable the Delhi leadership to resolve the issue
amicably. We need to have a peaceful atmosphere," he told
Rosaiah`s comments comes in the backdrop of leaders of
various parties indulging in a war of words and using
intemperate language over the Telangana issue.
Stressing that dialogue is the only way to address the
sensitive issue, Union Minister and AICC in-charge of Congress
affairs, Ghulam Nabi Azad, has started a process of
consultations with leaders from Rayalaseema, coastal Andhra
and Telangana regions.
Telangana Congress MPs, MLAs and MLCs, who had
resigned en masse earlier this month in support of separate
statehood demand, have left for Delhi today to hold talks with
Meanwhile, senior Congress MLAs from non-Telangana
region, J C Diwakar Reddy and Gade Venkat Reddy, met Congress
MLCs from Telangana like K R Amos and K Yadava Reddy at the
Congress Legislature Party (CLP) meeting here.
Diwakar Reddy said the exercise was aimed at bridging
the gap between leaders of different regions, while Yadava
Reddy said they exchanged views on the developments in Delhi
over the Telangana issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?