Telangana issue: Rosaiah appeals for restraint
Hyderabad: With leaders of Telangana and
other regions in Andhra Pradesh often indulging in sharp
exchange of words over the contentious statehood issue, former
CM K Rosaiah on Thursday urged them to observe
"Animosities should not be created among the people.
We need to enable the Delhi leadership to resolve the issue
amicably. We need to have a peaceful atmosphere," he told
Rosaiah`s comments comes in the backdrop of leaders of
various parties indulging in a war of words and using
intemperate language over the Telangana issue.
Stressing that dialogue is the only way to address the
sensitive issue, Union Minister and AICC in-charge of Congress
affairs, Ghulam Nabi Azad, has started a process of
consultations with leaders from Rayalaseema, coastal Andhra
and Telangana regions.
Telangana Congress MPs, MLAs and MLCs, who had
resigned en masse earlier this month in support of separate
statehood demand, have left for Delhi today to hold talks with
Meanwhile, senior Congress MLAs from non-Telangana
region, J C Diwakar Reddy and Gade Venkat Reddy, met Congress
MLCs from Telangana like K R Amos and K Yadava Reddy at the
Congress Legislature Party (CLP) meeting here.
Diwakar Reddy said the exercise was aimed at bridging
the gap between leaders of different regions, while Yadava
Reddy said they exchanged views on the developments in Delhi
over the Telangana issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC