Telangana issue: Seemaandhra MLAs stall debate in AP Assembly
Hyderabad: Discussion on the draft Telangana Bill could not be taken up in Andhra Pradesh Assembly as MLAs from coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema, strongly opposing the creation of a new state of Telangana, did not allow proceedings, leading to adjournment of the House twice this morning.
TDP and YSR Congress legislators from Seemaandhra stayed in the Well of the House, raising slogans against the Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Bill-2013 and demanded that the House first pass a resolution opposing the proposed bifurcation of the state.
Speaker Nadendla Manohar rejected the adjournment motions moved by TDP, YSRC and CPI on the bifurcation issue and at once adjourned the proceedings for an hour.
When the House reassembled after a 75-minute break, noisy scenes continued, forcing the Speaker to adjourn the proceedings for another hour the second time.
The draft Bill was tabled in the House on Monday and the Assembly Business Advisory Committee decided to take up debate from today.
The Speaker was supposed to announce the schedule for the debate in the House this morning, but that did not happen because of the din.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?