Telangana issue will be decided this month: Rao
Hyderabad: TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao on Wednesday expressed confidence that the separate Telangana issue will be decided this month.
"Telangana issue will be decided this month. There need not be any doubts over this," Rao, a Lok Sabha member, told reporters here before leaving for New Delhi to attend Parliament session.
He indicated that there are chances of talks over the contentious issue during his stay in Delhi.
The TRS president had been saying for long that he has got "signals" and "assurance" over formation of the separate state from the Central leaders in Delhi.
He had also said the Telangana agitation would be intensified once again if the Centre went back on its promise.
The ruling Congress MPs from the region, however, maintained that they did not have any such signals but vowed to continue their efforts for achieving separate state.
The other pro-Telangana parties like BJP and CPI kept up their campaign for separate state. BJP leaders held a three-day fast during the last three days in Delhi, while the CPI undertook a `yatra` in Telangana region recently.
The Telangana political Joint Action Committee (JAC), comprising TRS, BJP and several other people`s organisations, have met Union Minister Vayalar Ravi, who is involved in handling in Congress affairs in AP, and other Central leaders in the last few days in the national capital and urged them to take an expeditious decision on the Telangana issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015