Telangana issue will be decided this month: Rao
Hyderabad: TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao on Wednesday expressed confidence that the separate Telangana issue will be decided this month.
"Telangana issue will be decided this month. There need not be any doubts over this," Rao, a Lok Sabha member, told reporters here before leaving for New Delhi to attend Parliament session.
He indicated that there are chances of talks over the contentious issue during his stay in Delhi.
The TRS president had been saying for long that he has got "signals" and "assurance" over formation of the separate state from the Central leaders in Delhi.
He had also said the Telangana agitation would be intensified once again if the Centre went back on its promise.
The ruling Congress MPs from the region, however, maintained that they did not have any such signals but vowed to continue their efforts for achieving separate state.
The other pro-Telangana parties like BJP and CPI kept up their campaign for separate state. BJP leaders held a three-day fast during the last three days in Delhi, while the CPI undertook a `yatra` in Telangana region recently.
The Telangana political Joint Action Committee (JAC), comprising TRS, BJP and several other people`s organisations, have met Union Minister Vayalar Ravi, who is involved in handling in Congress affairs in AP, and other Central leaders in the last few days in the national capital and urged them to take an expeditious decision on the Telangana issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Ranbir Kapoor wants 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' to be his next BIG release?
- LIVE Brexit fallout: Europe triggers sell-off, Sensex falls over 100 points
- Euro 2016: France beat Ireland 2-1; Germany thrash Slovakia 3-0; Belgium crush Hungary 4-0
- UP CM Akhilesh Yadav expands Cabinet for 7th time, Balram Yadav re-inducted
- Christians should ask gay community for forgiveness for past treatment: Pope Francis