Telangana issue will be decided this month: Rao
Hyderabad: TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao on Wednesday expressed confidence that the separate Telangana issue will be decided this month.
"Telangana issue will be decided this month. There need not be any doubts over this," Rao, a Lok Sabha member, told reporters here before leaving for New Delhi to attend Parliament session.
He indicated that there are chances of talks over the contentious issue during his stay in Delhi.
The TRS president had been saying for long that he has got "signals" and "assurance" over formation of the separate state from the Central leaders in Delhi.
He had also said the Telangana agitation would be intensified once again if the Centre went back on its promise.
The ruling Congress MPs from the region, however, maintained that they did not have any such signals but vowed to continue their efforts for achieving separate state.
The other pro-Telangana parties like BJP and CPI kept up their campaign for separate state. BJP leaders held a three-day fast during the last three days in Delhi, while the CPI undertook a `yatra` in Telangana region recently.
The Telangana political Joint Action Committee (JAC), comprising TRS, BJP and several other people`s organisations, have met Union Minister Vayalar Ravi, who is involved in handling in Congress affairs in AP, and other Central leaders in the last few days in the national capital and urged them to take an expeditious decision on the Telangana issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH