Telangana issue will be solved amicably in Jan 5 meet: MP
Rajahmundry: Rajahmundry MP U Arun Kumar on Saturday said Telangana issue will be solved amicably with the consultation of all parties in the January 5 meeting with the Union Home Minister P Chidambaram.
Addressing a press conference here, he said the time has come to discuss the developed and backward areas in the state and the causes for the backwardness should be discussed in detail to sort out the problem.
He questioned why many state and union ministers from Telangana region have not taken any developmental activities in their region during their tenure. Even chief ministers of this region did not take interest to develop backward regions in the Telangana, he alleged.
The MP said that he has full details on the amounts spent by the State Government for three regions - Andhra, Rayalaseema and Telangana.
When compared with backward areas of Andhra and Rayalaseema, majority funds were spent on development works in the Telangana region for sectors like education, agriculture, irrigation, he said. He refuted the charges made by Telangana region leaders that very few funds were spent for the backward areas` development in Telananga when compared to other regions of AP.
Telangana is developing rapidly when compared with Andhra and Rayalaseema, Kumar said. He pointed out that Fazal Commission has not find any fault in the demand for united Andhra Pradesh and it has not mentioned in its report to divide united AP into Andhra and Telangana states.
He said that State government has given priority for Telangana region`s development. "If we check the record, it is clear that without a member from Telangana region there was no Cabinet in Andhra Pradesh," he added.
Kumar said that he will brief the matter in detail to AICC chief Sonia Gandhi. He demanded the State government to release a white paper in detail about the amount spent and irrigation sources provided to each region --Andhra, Rayalaseema and Telangana-- so that public will know the real facts.
He said he will take active part in the January 5 consultations, where eight parties are scheduled to meet with Home Minister P Chidambaram in New Delhi. He said that he would raise his voice for united Andhra Pradesh.
He said the Telangana issue will be solved amicably with the consultation of all parties. The parties should openly express their views on the issue to solve the problem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Check JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 declared on jac.nic.in
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda