Telangana JAC asks legislators to quit their posts by Jan 28
Hyderabad: Despite reservations expressed by
some Congress leaders, the all-party Telangana Joint Action
Committee (JAC) today appealed to public representatives from
the region to stick to their decision to quit their posts by
"The leaders should quit their posts if the Centre failed
to make a statement in favour of formation of the separate
Telangana state by January 28. This is to show their
non-cooperation towards the united Andhra Pradesh government,"
JAC Convener C Kodandaram told reporters.
"Telangana supporters would work for the re-election of
those who quit their posts," he said.
Congress MPs like S Satyanarayana and P Prabhakar said
the resignations by the public representatives would only
precipitate a crisis instead of facilitating the formation of
the separate state.
Seeking to put Congress in a tight spot, senior TDP
leader N Janardhan Reddy said mounting pressure on the Centre
is necessary for the formation of separate Telangana.
He asked the Congress leaders to take the lead in
quitting their posts.
He was speaking at the Indira Park here where Telangana
leaders and other protagonists continued their relay hunger
strikes in support of the separate statehood demand for the
third day today.
Senior TDP MLA T Harishwar Reddy and several leaders from
other parties and Telangana outfits took part in the day-long
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks