Telangana: JAC asks public reps to resign by tomorrow
Hyderabad: The Joint Action Committee
(JAC) of various organisations in Telangana on Sunday asked the
public representatives in the region to resign in support of
the separate state demand by tomorrow, failing which it would
mount pressure on them through various means.
The committee decided to tom-tom (propagation) in
villages and elsewhere for five days, beginning Tuesday, about
the reluctance of the public representatives to quit, JAC
Convener C Kodandaram told reporters here.
From February 17 to 20, the committee leaders would
submit memoranda to all the public representatives, from a
ward member to MP, urging them to quit their posts.
The JAC convener said relay hunger strikes would be
held in front of the houses of public representatives from
February 21 to 27. A social boycott would be imposed on the
public representatives from February 28, he said.
Rejecting the terms of reference of the Srikrishna
Committee appointed by the Centre to look into the issue of
division of Andhra Pradesh, the JAC asked the legislators to
start the process of submitting their resignations from today.
Triggering a crisis by en masse resignations of
legislators, the committee would make the Centre to take
immediate steps for formation of Telangana state, the JAC
Earlier in the day, 15 MLAs from the ruling Congress,
TRS, TDP, BJP and Praja Rajyam submitted their resignations to
the Andhra Pradesh Assembly Speaker.
The Speaker had rejected the resignations of the MLAs
submitted earlier on the ground that they were not in proper
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack