Telangana: JAC launches grand sit-in in Hyderabad
Hyderabad: Telangana political Joint Action
Committee (JAC) on Wednesday launched its `strike by all sections of
people` for the separate statehood, with staging of a `maha
dharna` (grand sit-in) here.
JAC Convener M Kodandaram, TRS floor leader in the
Andhra Pradesh Assembly E Rajender, state BJP leaders Bandaru
Dattatreya and Ch Vidyasagar Rao, and several leaders of
government employees unions in Telangana participated in the
agitation, at Indira Park here.
It was preceded by a protest march from the Sundaraiah
Vignana Kendram to Indira Park.
The strike envisaged government employees boycotting work
(from September 5) and others taking up different forms of
protests from today, JAC leaders said.
Kodandaram said this round of agitation would be much
intense, so as to make Centre accept the Telangana statehood
The BJP leaders slammed the Congress government for
turning a blind eye to the wish of Telangana people, on this
occasion. Devi Prasad, a leader of the Telangana employees,
hit out at the state government over the revival of the
Government Order 177 that facilitates `no work, no pay`
policy in the event of strike by employees.
The Telangana leaders of various parties should submit
their resignations again in the support of separate statehood
demand, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway