Telangana: JAC launches grand sit-in in Hyderabad
Hyderabad: Telangana political Joint Action
Committee (JAC) on Wednesday launched its `strike by all sections of
people` for the separate statehood, with staging of a `maha
dharna` (grand sit-in) here.
JAC Convener M Kodandaram, TRS floor leader in the
Andhra Pradesh Assembly E Rajender, state BJP leaders Bandaru
Dattatreya and Ch Vidyasagar Rao, and several leaders of
government employees unions in Telangana participated in the
agitation, at Indira Park here.
It was preceded by a protest march from the Sundaraiah
Vignana Kendram to Indira Park.
The strike envisaged government employees boycotting work
(from September 5) and others taking up different forms of
protests from today, JAC leaders said.
Kodandaram said this round of agitation would be much
intense, so as to make Centre accept the Telangana statehood
The BJP leaders slammed the Congress government for
turning a blind eye to the wish of Telangana people, on this
occasion. Devi Prasad, a leader of the Telangana employees,
hit out at the state government over the revival of the
Government Order 177 that facilitates `no work, no pay`
policy in the event of strike by employees.
The Telangana leaders of various parties should submit
their resignations again in the support of separate statehood
demand, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31