Telangana: JAC planning rail roko
Hyderabad: Seeking to put more pressure on
the Centre for formation of separate Telangana state, the
Telangana political Joint Action Committee (JAC) is planning
to organise `rail roko` (train blockades).
The dates for the proposed protest would be announced
soon, JAC Convener, M Kodandaram told reporters in Hyderabad on Thursday.
Many south-bound trains from northern India pass through
Meanwhile, the government employees in Telangana, who are
carrying on a non-cooperation agitation for last one week,
today threatened to start an indefinite strike from March 5 if
the Centre failed to come out with a statement on formation of
"We will go on a strike from March 5 if there is no
categorical statement on formation of separate Telangana",
Swamy Goud, a leader of employees, said.
The JAC has asked people to conduct rallies on Friday and day after, expressing solidarity with the government
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore