Telangana JAC to observe Nov 1 as `Betrayal Day`
Hyderabad: The Telagana Political Joint
Action Committee has decided to observe the Andhra Pradesh
Formation Day on November 1 as `Betrayal Day`.
Talking to reporters after a meeting of the JAC, its
convener M Kodandaram said Telangana supporters would hoist
black flags at various places on that day.
"The formation of Andhra Pradesh is betrayal for us,"
The pro-Telangana public representatives of various
parties, who have quit their posts, would sit on a fast, he
The duration of the fast would be decided soon, he said.
TRS and BJP public representatives are likely to sit on
the fast, which leaders of other parties might also join.
Alleging that false cases have been registered against
Telangana supporters during the `sakala janula samme` (general
strike), the JAC demanded that all the cases be withdrawn.
JAC has been organising the strike since September 13 and
several sections of government employees have withdrawn from
the stir, though some major unions like Telangana Non-gazetted
Officers` Association still continue with it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi