Telangana JAC to observe Nov 1 as `Betrayal Day`
Hyderabad: The Telagana Political Joint
Action Committee has decided to observe the Andhra Pradesh
Formation Day on November 1 as `Betrayal Day`.
Talking to reporters after a meeting of the JAC, its
convener M Kodandaram said Telangana supporters would hoist
black flags at various places on that day.
"The formation of Andhra Pradesh is betrayal for us,"
The pro-Telangana public representatives of various
parties, who have quit their posts, would sit on a fast, he
The duration of the fast would be decided soon, he said.
TRS and BJP public representatives are likely to sit on
the fast, which leaders of other parties might also join.
Alleging that false cases have been registered against
Telangana supporters during the `sakala janula samme` (general
strike), the JAC demanded that all the cases be withdrawn.
JAC has been organising the strike since September 13 and
several sections of government employees have withdrawn from
the stir, though some major unions like Telangana Non-gazetted
Officers` Association still continue with it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- Working birthday for Arjun Kapoor, says Chetan Bhagat
- J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti says she 'felt ashamed as a Muslim', stirs controversy — Read details
- With 31% jump, HDFC's Aditya Puri top gainer in salary hike among private bank chiefs
- Team India to attend preparatory camp under new coach Anil Kumble!
- Like seriously! Marijuana is legal in these 8 countries