Telangana: Jagan asks Congress, TDP legislators to seek united AP resolution
Hyderabad: YSR Congress president YS Jaganmohan Reddy on Saturday asked legislators of Congress and Telugu Desam Party to press for adoption of a resolution in the Andhra Pradesh Assembly in favour of the united state.
"This is the hour of reckoning. Please listen to your conscience and press for a resolution and save the state (from division)," Jagan appealed.
Addressing a press conference, the YSRC president said he succeeded in drawing national attention to the arbitrary manner in which the Centre was seeking to divide the state.
"I met rulers of various states and leaders of different parties in the last one month to mobilise opinion on the need to amend Article 3 of the Constitution which could otherwise be misused by parties in power. All of them agreed with my contention and some of them said they would move an adjournment motion on the issue in Parliament," he said.
"I have requested them to join the fight against the undemocratic and authoritarian division of the state as, if they remained silent today, it may happen in their case tomorrow.
"I could convince the leaders of national and regional parties that Congress is splitting the state for the sake of votes and seats."
Replying to a question, Jagan said his party after the 2014 elections would support "anyone who promised to keep the state united".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla