Telangana leaders caution Naveen against Jagan Mohan Reddy
Bhubaneswar: Seeking the support of BJD for the formation of a separate state by dividing Andhra Pradesh, a delegation of Telangana leaders today cautioned Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik to be `careful` with YSR Congress leader Jagan Mohan Reddy.
"Please be careful with him and do not give support to a corrupt person," Rajya Sabha MP V Hanumantha Rao said in a memorandum to Patnaik.
"As per 2004 election declaration, Jagan`s assets were Rs 9.2 lakh, but by 2011, it reached Rs 365 crore. You can imagine that within 7 years, how this huge jump can happen."
Stating that Telengana was a long standing demand, he said "YSR took 37 MLAs to Sonia Gandhi to give a representation demanding a separate state of Telangana. TDP leader Chandrababu Naidu also supported the formation of a Telangana state.
"But now, everybody has taken a U-turn to seek sympathy in Seemandhra and are blaming the Congress for the division with selfish motives," Rao said.
Rao led a five-member delegation of Telangana leaders which met Odisha`s Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kalpataru Das here in the absence of the chief minister in the state capital.
The delegation claimed that Telengana should not be compared with other states because it was not part of Andhra Pradesh previously. "They came here and joined us in 1956 on the basis of one state for Telegu-speaking people," they said.
"Division of state is a sensitive, political, social and emotional issue. In case of Andhra Pradesh, people of the state should have been consulted and a consensus developed before any decision," Das said after the delegation met him.
The Telangana leaders were here six days after Jagan Mohan Reddy sought Patnaik`s support against division of Andhra Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical