Telangana legislators of TDP, TRS to boycott Andhra Assembly
Hyderabad: Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) and Telugu Desam Party (TDP) legislators from Telangana on Wednesday decided to boycott the ongoing Budget Session of the Andhra Pradesh Assembly.
They will join a section of Telangana legislators of the ruling Congress party who are already boycotting the session to press for the introduction of a Bill in Parliament for formation of a separate Telangana state.
TRS floor leader in the Assembly Etela Rajender told reporters that all 11 legislators of the party would boycott the Assembly from Thursday.
"We have no hope that justice will be done to Telangana during the current session and hence we decided to boycott it," he said.
TRS executive, which met here on Wednesday, decided to go ahead with its `Million march to Hyderabad` March 10. The party legislators will go to their respective constituencies to prepare for the march, he said.
The TRS leader said they did not require permission from any authority for the march.
Meanwhile, Nagam Janardhan Reddy, leader of TDP Telangana Forum, said they would stay away from the Assembly to show solidarity with the ongoing non-cooperation movement by government employees in Telangana.
The TRS and Telangana legislators of the TDP have been stalling the Assembly since the session began on February 17, demanding that the House pass a resolution on Telangana.
No proceedings could be conducted in the House as Telangana legislators continued their protest at the Speaker`s podium.
Last week, Telangana legislators of the Congress also joined the protest by displaying placards, demanding a resolution in the Assembly and a Bill in Parliament for a separate Telangana state. They have been boycotting the Assembly since Monday.
The TRS today also threatened to stall Lok
Sabha proceedings tomorrow if its adjournment motion to
discuss the Telangana issue was not accepted by the Speaker.
TRS chief K Chandrasekhar Rao`s son KT Rama Rao said that the party would press for a discussion on the issue in
Lok Sabha tomorrow with the help of NDA and CPI members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends